Friday, April 10, 2020

Face Masks in this trying time

Who would have thought we would all need face masks to go out in public in 2020?

It honestly doesn't surprise me. I grew up watching old black and white videos with people stocking up on gas masks and building bomb shelters. Then with the Anthrax scare a few years ago...

Now I go to stores and they have limited stock, restricting purchases, no latex/rubber gloves and no dust masks. Medical masks are limited in supplies.

I have a few friends that work in the medical field and they have to reuse masks, and as one told me just this morning "I am at work wearing this disgusting disposable mask".

I have been posting cotton masks I have been making on my personal Facebook. I have decided that there is such a limited supply of masks for the public and I know that a lot of people are donating masks to first responders.

I am charging a small amount for these masks because I do not feel it is right to gouge prices at this time, and I do not charge the total amount of supplies and labor for the masks because I am not trying to profit from this epidemic.

Due to medical conditions, it is not feasible for me to work in the public and all of my vendor shows have been canceled, and I do have children that are now being homeschooled through the rest of the school year. So the amount I am charging is helping to feed me and my children.

If you are in need of masks, please follow my Crafts Never Cease Facebook page. I can make arrangements to deliver locally or mail

No comments:

Post a Comment