Wednesday, July 31, 2019

New Directions, New Inspirations

I have deleted all previous posts on this blog because, honestly, they are no longer relevant. I am embarking on some new life choices and a new business direction. I know, I know, I have said this before. But I have been working hard at developing a new business plan and strategy.

Over the past few years, there have been many distractions keeping me from achieving my goals. I have been without a functioning car, struggling with financial, physical, and mental limitations. Family and friends have been encouraging and discouraging. I wasn't feeling like myself and the "nay sayers" have been getting into my head. But I have decided to cut all that negativity out and get myself in motion.

I will be a vendor at the First Metaphysical Church of Davison, MI on August 10, 2019 for Hippie Fest 2019. I will be selling hand knit and crocheted items as well as launching the newest part of my business Fiber Education! I will start offering Knitting and Crochet classes in Genesee County. I am planning on scheduling time at the local Hobby Lobby on Linden Road starting in Mid August. The first class I will be offering is Knitting 101 - Learning the Basics. This course will consist of learning basic terminology of the craft. Casting on, Knit stitch, Purl stitch and Bind off. I will be offering a free skein of cotton yarn, knitting needles, patterns designed by myself, and a surprise gift. I am planning the classes to be a series so that people can learn various cast on, bind off, stitch and project elements. People who want to sign up for the whole series will be offered a discount price on the complete courses, but the individual courses will be available to accommodate people who already know the basics.

I will also be planning a Knit & Crochet 911 Knit night that will be offered at a low rate for people who might be having difficulty with the courses or anyone who would like to sit and craft together for an hour or two or run into a problem in their project even if they are not taking courses.

The other class I will be offering is Crochet 101 - Learning the Basics for Left and right handed individuals, in which we will cover basic terminology, Chain stitch, Single Crochet, Half-double Crochet, and Double Crochet. Also included will be a free skein of yarn, a crochet hook, pattern, and a surprise gift. There will also be a series being offered and same discounts will apply as with the knitting course.

If you would like more information about the classes or would like to register, please contact me.

I also sell my crafts. I knit & crocheted cowls, hats, washcloths, dishcloths, mittens, fingerless mitts, and other items. I also make crocheted stuffies including a cow, llama, and bunnies to name a few. I also make beaded jewelry and stitch markers and I will be offering sewn project bags soon.

Soon I will be posting links to my stores and to my Pinterest where you can see what I have been making, what is for sale "ready to ship" and what will be available for consignment. I will also have more information on my classes and a link for registration and payment.

I will be more active posting here to keep everyone updated on projects, classes and information. I want to contribute and be more active in our crafting community online and in person.

Here are a few of the items I have made this year.

Hand Knit Progress keepers and Keyring Mini socks

Crochet Cows


Crochet Llama


Beaded Native Earrings

Crochet Bunny


 Hand Knit Lace Weight Mini Sock Earrings (100% Merino Wool)


Glass Chicken Stitch Markers and Progress Keeper


Glass Skull Bead Stitch Markers and Progress Keepers


Acrylic Bead Stitch Markers


Dachshund Progress Keeper


Color Work Knee High Sock - Knit







No comments:

Post a Comment